Ophthalmology Practice in Cedar City, UT
Regardless of how old you are, it’s important to have an ophthalmologist in Cedar City, UT that you can rely on. Ophthalmology specialists are integral for primary eye care and surgical procedures for your eye health. If you are looking for quality eye care, look to Mountain Eye Institute. Our complete ophthalmology practice uses only the most advanced practices and tools. Our board-certified ophthalmologists provide each of our clients with a wide range of optometrist services. Each person on our friendly and skilled team is prepared to bring exceptional eye services to those in Cedar City, UT.
Services At Our Ophthalmology Clinic
Some of the common services we provide include, but aren’t limited to:
- Routine Optometry Exams: Our practice offers complete, general eye exams for each of our optometry patients. A range of exams will be performed, like looking at visual acuity, refraction and looking for potential diseases.
- Corneal Transplant: When a person’s cornea gets milky or misshapen, we perform a transplant of the cornea. A traditional corneal transplant includes replacing the whole harmed cornea with a healthy one from a donor. Our doctors can also swap just the impaired area of the cornea.
- Cataract: Cataracts occur when your eye’s natural lens gets cloudy. Cataracts affect more than 50% of all Americans over 65. At Mountain Eye Institute, we perform multiple cataract surgeries. The surgery involves breaking up and suctioning out the cloudy lens that is impairing your eyes.
- Corneal Abrasions: There are many things that can lead to cornea abrasions (scrapes or scratches on the cornea). The common instances include foreign objects entering the eye such as dirt, insects, or other debris. Fingernails and contact lenses that aren’t properly fitted or taken care of can also lead to cornea abrasions. Treatment is straightforward but it will depend on how severe the condition is.
- LASIK: LASIK surgery is a routine surgery to fix vision. It uses a femtosecond laser to cut a small flap on the cornea so the doctor can access the tissue, which is underneath the cornea. The tissue is shaped again using an excimer laser and the corneal flap is laid back. LASIK is a very safe and widely done practice.
Reach Out to Mountain Eye Institute
If you are still making up your mind, read our many positive testimonials. If you have to get a run of the mill eye checkup or LASIK surgery, think of Mountain Eye Institute as the only eye doctor you need. Contact us at 435-586-1131 to schedule your visit today.